Packing List for Sar-El
*First and foremost, bring your sense of humor, team spirit, and an open mind.
We suggest you bring the following:
1. Towels, sheet, pillow (if you need one)
2. Personal toilet articles: comb, brush, soap, shampoo, etc.
3. Heavy sweat or sport socks to wear with work boots
4. Bathing suit
5. Warm clothing, raincoat and liner during cold months (Oct. through April)
7. Shower clogs/water shoes
8. Sunglasses, sun hat, sunscreen
9. Sweater or jacket or sweatshirt
10. Underwear and socks
11. An extra pair of eyeglasses
12. Copies of prescriptions in generic terms for any medication you take; antibiotics, cold medicine, etc.
13. Small overnight bag or backpack or small case on wheels (for weekends)
14. 3 Copies of your application documents, including Medical Form, Waiver, your health and accident insurance card or policy, and your passport
15. A sense of humor!
1. Insect repellent – warm weather
2. Scotch tape/masking tape
3. Individual coffee/tea bags/ hot chocolate
4. Peanut butter, tuna, snacks, etc., ( if you don’t think you’ll like army food). You can always buy things at supermarkets in Israel
5. Extension cord
6. Nail brush
7. Moleskin (moleform) for blisters, corns, etc.
8. Work gloves (some work areas provide them)
9. Small collapsible plastic cup
10. Small plastic stick-up hooks
11. Gifts for soldiers and workers on your base
12. Playing cards/small travel games
13. Zip lock plastic bags (different sizes)
14. Money belt
16. Small hand mirror
17. Clothesline, clothespins
18. Combination lock
CLOTHES – Laundry is done by hand on the base. You can use Laundromats on weekends.
1. Casual clothes can be worn after daily work period.
2. Good walking shoes
3. Do not bring a lot of clothes – you’ll be carrying your suitcases!
1. All electric appliances: shavers, traveling irons, portable radios, hair dryers (Universal) need special 220-110 volt step-down converter for Israeli current as well as a plug adaptor for Israeli outlets.
2. Cameras are permitted. DO NOT PHOTOGRAPH any army equipment (due to security regulations). You must get permission to photograph anything in camp or risk confiscation of film.
3. Bring only such jewelry as you will wear at all times.
4. ATM card is recommended
WE HAVE STORES HERE WHERE YOU CAN BUY EXTRA FOOD, MEDS, ETC.